Wednesday 24 December 2008

Day 6 - We Take a Peek

Tuesday, and we couldn't hold our enthusiasm back any longer.  Marcus turned up at normal time and I asked him to show me how to get in.  He demonstrated which six tiles you need to remove and we were in!  I'm going to need to get access to complete the telly aerial installation, so I'll be going in there after Christmas while the builders are taking a break.  They've been making some steady progress - joists are down at the front of the house.  They'd had to removed some of the support for the purlins, so there were various other props and a big piece of wood tying the two sides of the roof together.  Apparantly they can bring the stairs out directly above the existing stairwell by the addition of a large Velux window, and he showed me exactly where the landing will be.  I didn't think that was going to be possible, but we won't know for sure till the stair men come and measure up.
Nicole also went up there later in the day, despite of her fear of ladders.  They needed to discuss where the Velux windows will go in the study end, so there really wasn't any option.
Other encouraging news - I've finally got all the paper-work sorted so that the insurance for the rest of the house is still valid.  Also, the mortgage company have agreed that we do have permission to proceed.  Good thing really!  I was wondering what I would tell them if they said no!

No comments: